Take A Break And Have A Safe Vacation
Traveling for business or pleasure? Follow these tips for a safe trip.
- Carry minimum luggage.
- Label each piece of luggage with your name and address.
- Be sure your luggage can be locked.
- While waiting, keep your luggage close to you.
- Hold your purse under your arm. Carry a wallet in an inside coat or front trouser pocket.
- Don’t look vulnerable or lost. Walk with a purpose and stay alert to what’s happening around you.
- Leave important non-travel papers, such as your social security and credit cards at home.
- If traveling to a foreign country, photocopy all documents, including passport, credit cards and tickets, before leaving home and store copies in a hotel safe.
- Learn the location of hotel exits.
- Ask the hotel about the safety of the neighborhood and which areas to avoid.
- Ask the bellman for directions and costs before taking a cab.
- Use traveler’s checks and credit cards instead of cash whenever possible.