Best time to visit Budapest and Prague
What is best time to visit Prague?
Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic and it also used to be the capital of the Bohemia. A namely very beautiful city with nearly 2 million residents and a fairytale like atmosphere.
Situated in the north-west of the country, on the Vitava river, Prague is a picturesque city with a mysterious, old fashioned charm.
As it has played an important part in the European history, it is home to a number of famous cultural attractions and its historic centre is included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The most visited sights include:
- Prague Castle
- Charles Bridge
- Old Town Square
- the Jewish Quarter
- the Lennon Wall
Besides the rich historic and cultural side, Prague has several entertainment venues such as restaurants, theatres, cinemas, breweries, clubs and bars and of course shops, museums, galleries and several festivals.
What is best time to visit Budapest?
Budapest, on the other side, which can be a perfect pair destination with Prague, is the capital of Hungary. The city is situated on both banks of the magnificent Danube river and it is said to be one of the most beautiful European cities.
It has a superb natural landscape, several cultural and architectural sites with historic significance and it has a lively lifestyle.
Most popular sites include the banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter, Andrássy Avenue, Heroes’ Square and the Millennium Underground Railway, the second oldest in the world.
Read more: Trip to Budapest for first time
Additional interesting and popular highlights include more than 80 geothermal springs with several exquisite spa services and the world’s largest thermal water cave system.
Both Prague and Budapest have been favorites of global travelers mostly in winter and around Christmas.
However, if you decide to visit either or both of them in spring or summer time, you have some great benefits.
Here are 5 good reasons why you should visit Prague and Budapest in spring or summertime.
- Get amazing off season deals. It is a great time to explore special offers and deals in accommodation, entertainment, sights, shopping and tours. You should also check for happenings, shows and events.
- Enjoy some fine weather and stroll around magnificent cities. The best way to get to know Prague and Budapest is by walking around. Spring and summertime sun are ideal for enjoying some delightful walks with the necessary snack and coffee grabbing stops.
- Feel the local vibe. Avoid the impersonal, standardized hoteling and explore the holiday apartments and rentals. Find the one that makes you feel comfort and ease and make your holiday a unique and memorable experience. Wander around the cities and indulge in their mysterious flair.
- Less crowd, more comfort. One of the goods in visiting Prague and Budapest off season is that you don’t get to wait to visit museums, sites, galleries, etc. You have the luxury of time and space; you will enjoy some great views, sights and happenings.
- Last but not least, refresh yourself and your love. Cuddle up, enjoy a romantic getaway, indulge in a spa experience. After all, both spring and summer are idyllic for a romantic getaway.